Tragic : 6 Children Lay Unconscious &13 Year Old Killed At Hotel Pool in Michigan

IMG_0220

By The Black Loop

Bryan Douglas Watts, 13, died at The Quality Inn and Suites Hotel in Niles,

Michigan Saturday morning as 12 others were rushed to hospitals. Danger Zone: Hotel staff discovered 6 children lying unconscious at an indoor pool deck and the breakfast area adjacent to the pool at 10 a.m. The workers noticed the children as they looked through the glass windows. In addition to the 6 children, another child was found on the first floor unresponsive. That child had just left the pool area. Niles Fire Captain Don Wise shared that in his 30 years as a fireman, he had never seen an incident as horrible as this. He said it’s still not known how long the youngsters, aged from about 12 to 14, had been passed out. Because carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas, the children probably didn’t suspect that anything was wrong.

When firefighters arrived to the hotel, their carbon monoxide detectors indicated that the levels were 16 times the safety limit at 800 parts per million in the pool area and maintenance room. According to Wise, the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration prohibits workers from being exposed to more than 50 parts averaged over an 8-hour period.

The seventh child that was found on the first floor who reportedly stopped breathing after leaving the pool area, was revived by first responders. A police officer, two Berrien County Sheriff’s deputies and two hotel staff were among those taken to hospital and they are expected to make a full recovery.

The 6 children that were found by the pool were taken to the hospital and are in critical condition. Tragically, Bryan Douglas Watts died en route to the hospital. Currently, the hotel has been closed for occupancy while the investigation continues.

Read More!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *